When couples are struggling with conception, almost all options for help are on the table. Overweight women suffering the inability to have babies can increase their chances of conception through diet, exercise, and weight loss, according to an article published by The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. To find results, researchers analyzed 150 women who suffered polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). This illness occurs when a woman’s body produces larger amounts of testosterone and androgens.
The women were separated into three groups, each made up of 50 women:
- One group took birth control pills to boost female hormones and regulate ovulation
- One group exercised and followed a low-calorie diet
- One group consumed birth control pills to increase female hormones, exercised, and followed a low-calorie diet
After the first four months, the groups of women who were consuming contraceptives were instructed to stop. Next, all of the women in the study began four cycles of medically induced ovulation.
At the conclusion of the study, researchers found the following results:
- 13 of the women from the group who participated in exercise routines and calorie controlled diets had babies
- 12 of the women who consumed contraceptives while following a strict diet and exercise routine had babies
- Only five women from the groups that consumed contraceptives with no form of diet or exercise had babies
Researchers concluded that a healthy diet, an exercise routine, and weight loss could improve a woman’s chance of having a baby.
See How A Better Weigh Center Can Improve Your Life
If you are suffering the effects of obesity or weight gain, contact our Dallas weight loss doctors at A Better Weight Center. We can help determine what strategies or procedures can help you start living the life you have always wanted. We are dedicated to improving the way you look, feel, and live.
Call us to schedule your initial consultation.